A story writing blog

Sunday, June 30, 2013

My Push For 10,000 Views Continues - My Ubisoft Cover Letter

I saw a posting once from Ubisoft Toronto looking for someone to help develop video game storylines. I want that job, give me that job.



Dear Ubisoft;

My name is Thomas Holler and I am a screen writer from Toronto, I went to school for television broadcasting at Seneca College and took advanced writing, literature and communications at Durham College. I maintain a writing blog at (http://apeday.blogspot.ca/) it’s a place where I can work on ideas and practice different forms of writing but I am most interested in film and episodic television. When I came across your opening for a video game writing position I felt the need to jump on it, I may not have the resume that other candidates have but I have the talent to warrant consideration. I am very adept at storytelling, developing ideas and creating realistic and colorful dialogue. I have a passion for writing, so much so that even though I am not working full time in a creative job, I still find time to work on my passion. I work with a small film team producing content on both the creative, written side and the production side (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iutivnDKrV4) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OBszPLJDVA). I have a very strong administrative background and have gained a wealth of professional experience in varied environments. What I hope to gain is a foot in the door at a company and industry which will excite and bring out the best in me creatively. I love Ubisoft and I am a huge video game fan, if there’s an opportunity for me to contribute to a great gaming story then I would love to be a part of it.

Thank you;

Thomas Holler



No comments:

Post a Comment